This magnificent property overlooks the village and was built on the foundations of the feudal castle by the Marquis de Dampierre, a French peer who had bought the estate in 1773 in order to hunt wolves. The tower and wing were added in the 19th Century. Solidly built of dressed stone and firmly sited at the base of a mound, the Château overlooks the village and the valley of the Landion, the source of which is situated under the Château cellars and still supplies it with water today. The main door of the Château comes from the former feudal castle demolished in 1770 and is in the Louis XIII style with its fine sculptural decorations of grapes and vine branches. Vines have been grown on the slopes of Bligny for many centuries. The Marquis de Dampierre, who owned the Bligny glassworks, lived in the château in the heart of the village. He also owned the surrounding hillsides. The vineyards provided for his personal wine consumption, and the wine was mostly still.